< back to syllabus
Please give these videos a watch before this session.
- Q: Do I need to answer the questions after each video?
- A: Nope! You can just skip to the next video if you'd like.
- Q: When should I complete these readings/watchings by?
- A: You should try to complete these by the start of Session 1.
- Q: Help! I need a Treehouse account!
- A: Treehouse is our textbook for the course, and costs $25/mo. You can sign up using my referral link, if you want. DM @ken on Slack if it's a problem at all.
- Q: Help! I need a Site44 account!
- A: Site44 is our hosting platform for the class, and costs $5/mo plus a 30-day free trial. DM @ken on Slack if it's a problem at all.
Sign up for Site44 and create a site
Watch the video here: http://www.site44.com/learn-more
Just sign up for the personal plan.
When creating a site, just use a site44.com domain, like notajetski.site44.com - you won't need a custom domain yet.
- Welcome to HTML and CSS (recommended)
- This video mentions a new concept: CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets. Don't worry too much about it yet - we'll start covering it in Session 3.
- Front End Web Dev vs Back End Web Dev (recommended)
- It's a little fuzzy how Front End and Back End work together - this video explains it better.
- The Basic Structure of a Web Page (recommended)
- This video starts introducing some of the other tags that we have to be aware of, like
- Life Without Version Control (recommended)
- This one is entertaining, and explains a little bit about how software developers work together as teams without stepping on each other's changes. We won't cover version control in this course, but it's very helpful to know that it exists, and why it exists.