< back to syllabus
Assignment 4, Project 1: Portfolio Site
For your first project, I'd like you to create a simple portfolio site. Nothing too fancy!
You can put whatever you'd like on it! You can include things like:
- Your name
- Where you went to school
- What you're currently working on, or what you'd like to work on (internship, job, freelance, whatever)
- Any projects that you're proud of, or that you're currently working on
- Pictures of your cat
- Pictures of your hometown
- Pictures of your sweet snowboard flip
- Your contact information
Really, anything you want! I'm not "grading" these. You can submit them whenever you want.
If you'd like to see a couple examples of other portfolios, you can check them out on the readings for session 4. Some of these are pretty advanced! I just want you to create something simple that you're comfortable with.
A couple things:
- You'll submit a link to your portfolio for assignment 4. That means that you'll just run
submit 4 http://my-awesome-portfolio.site44.com/index.html on @classbot.
- Whatever URL you submit, please try to keep that live for as long as possbile, during and after the class. It gets included on your report card, and it's nice to be able to show it to potential employers and clients.
- Keep updating it! The best portfolios are one that show that you're always growing.
- If you'd like to present yours, you can do so on Session 4. Presenting is totally optional!